Information about the Affordable Care Act: What employers need to know
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), or health care law, contains new benefits and responsibilities for employers. The size and structure of your workforce — small, large, or part of a group — helps determine what applies to you. However, if you have no employees, the following information does not apply to you.
Materials and articles
- Aug. 2015 – IRS online tool helps estimate health care law credits and payments
- July 2015 – MU Extension ACA curriculum now available
- 2015 – Health Coverage Guide: Objective information for small business. An unbiased resource on cost estimates, tax savings, coverage options, legal rights and more from Small Business Majority
- Oct. 2014 – Small businesses in Missouri to get early access to SHOP marketplace (includes links to webinars for small businesses)
- May 2014 – How much is your Small Business Health Care Tax Credit worth?
- Jan. 2014 – ACA update: What’s ahead for 2014?
- Oct. 2013 – Small business health exchanges delayed until November
- Sept. 2013 – Affordable Care Act: Employee notification required this month
- March 2013 – The No. 1 thing to know about the Affordable Care Act: Some small businesses are exempt
Employers and health coverage providers have access to recorded webinars from IRS about the ACA’s employer provisions and related tax requirements. If you are a business owner or employee benefits manager, you can access and review these videos anytime to better understand how the health care law may affect your organization. Go to the IRS Video Portal to access ACA videos.
Key provisions under the Affordable Care Act for:
- Employers with fewer than 25 employees
- Employers with up to 50 employees
- Employers with 50 or more
Links lead to ACA information on SBA’s website.
Be prepared: Enrollment open October 1, 2013
- Employees: Get ready to enroll in the Marketplace
- Employers: Offer SHOP coverage to your employees
- Health Care Changes Wizard: Business USA
- U.S. Department of Labor
If you liked this post you might also like: