Information about the Affordable Care Act: What employers need to know
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), or health care law, contains new benefits and responsibilities for employers. The size and structure of your workforce — small, large, or part of a group — helps determine what applies to you. However, if you have no employees, the following information does not apply to you.
Materials and articles
- May 2014 - How much is your Small Business Health Care Tax Credit worth?
- Jan. 2014 – ACA update: What’s ahead for 2014? (includes links to webinars for small business)
- Oct. 2013 - Small business health exchanges delayed until November
- Sept. 2013 - Affordable Care Act: Employee notification required this month
- March 2013 - The No. 1 thing to know about the Affordable Care Act: Some small businesses are exempt
Key provisions under the Affordable Care Act for:
- Employers with fewer than 25 employees
- Employers with up to 50 employees
- Employers with 50 or more
Links lead to ACA information on SBA’s website.
Be prepared: Enrollment open October 1, 2013
- Employees: Get ready to enroll in the Marketplace
- Employers: Get ready for SHOP
- Health Care Changes Wizard: Business USA
- U.S. Department of Labor
If you liked this post you might also like: