SMART: Strategic Management Assessment Review Tool
Developed by the Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Centers and University Extension, the Strategic Management Assessment Review Tool (SMART) is founded on world-class principles for performance excellence.
Working directly with you and your management team, your MO SBTDC counselor will guide you through the SMART interview and work with you to chart a course toward long-term performance excellence.
You’ll receive these benefits:
- SMART is tailored to your business and designed to identify ways you can achieve success
- SMART is driven by your business strategies and action plans, your customer focus and other factors critical to your business success.
- SMART provides a framework for performance excellence.
- SMART will help you measure performance of a wide range of key business indicators — customers, products and services, operations and finances.
- SMART examines all processes associated with your company’s key stakeholders — customers, employees, owners and the public — and evaluates the results.
- SMART will allow you to identify your company’s strengths and to target key opportunities for improvement.
- SMART will help you align resources with your business goals, thereby increasing company performance and enhancing communications.
- SMART provides you with a detailed feedback report compiled by a team of business counselors that outlines your company’s strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Follow-up assistance will be provided to help you develop short- and long-term action plans.
To help you get started, review the SMART Criteria for Performance Excellence and the Core Values.
For more information, contact a business development specialist at your local SBTDC office.
If you liked this post you might also like: