5 tips to make your business shine on Small Business Saturday
Small businesses, the Saturday after Thanksgiving is your day to shine!
You might feel completely overshadowed by Big Brother Brick-and-Mortar and Big-e Brother, but never fear, you now have your own version of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday. First observed in 2010, it’s a small business counterpart to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which feature big-box retail and e-commerce, respectively.
Here are five tips to make your business shine on your day:
- Pay attention to search engines. It’s vital to be in the top listings for relevant search terms, especially to pique the interest of customers just beginning holiday shopping.
- Think about smartphones. Consumers increasingly use mobile devices to find shops in your area. Look into location-based applications such as Foursquare and Facebook Places.
- Update! Make sure you consistently update any and all Small Business Saturday specials to your online channels and other advertising outlets.
- Host an event to guarantee foot traffic on Small Business Saturday. What kind of event? That depends on your business. Here are 12 tips to create the perfect event.
- Don’t neglect social media. With all these promotional efforts going on, it’s important to stay up to date on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ or other services you use. Customers will be checking for sales and other updates, and you want to appear timely and fresh.
Your day is coming up fast, so if you haven’t already done so, think of ways to boost your business on Small Business Saturday and for the rest of the holiday shopping season.
For personalized help exploring business ideas, marketing, finance, management, technology, international trade, growth or other business issues, contact a business specialist at a center near you. Or visit the full list of training courses to find an upcoming training seminar.
If you liked this post you might also like: