What makes employees happy?
Here’s a question for all the managers out there: Do you know what makes your employees happy?
Do they want a good work/life balance, a pay raise or a better rapport with their co-workers?
If you don’t know what makes your employees stay in their jobs, you better find out before they leave you for someone else.
- Work/life balance. Almost 80 percent (76 percent) of employees say they stay in their current jobs because of work/life balance.
- Recognition for a job well done. Sixty-five percent of employees satisfied in their jobs said they would work harder if they were better recognized.
- Job security. Sixty-five percent of employees also say job security is very important to their satisfaction.
- Breaks in the work day. More than 50 percent (53 percent) of workers believe a 10-minute break outside every day would make them happier, healthier or more productive. And 80 percent say listening to music on the job improves their job satisfaction and productivity.
- Positive work relationships. Forty-six percent of women cite their manager as a reason to stay in a job, but only 34 percent of men would stay for a manager.