International Trade Center
The University of Missouri International Trade Center serves as your central source for high quality global trade research, analysis, education and training. Work with us to:
- Assist with export strategy development and planning
- Research potential export markets and assist in assessing foreign market opportunities
- Secure actionable data that can be used to make informed
- and timely market entry or expansion decisions
- Connect your company to additional resources and expertise in the areas of export finance, shipping, documentation and compliance
- Meet your international trade education needs
The MU International Trade Center (ITC) intern program worked with several companies in the spring of 2017 to provide real-world export research, including research for BDP client Halcyon Shades, Richard Goellner, president.
The Halcyon student team spent months researching possible new markets, visiting multiple times and analyzing hundreds of countries for business friendliness, IP protection laws, population, GDP, growth in that firm’s product line and a host of other criteria.
Here’s what Goellner thought about the center and the final report [1 min].
The MU International Trade Center is a partnership of the University of Missouri Extension Business Development Program, Missouri Small Business Development Centers and the University of Missouri Trulaske College of Business. The goal of the International Trade Center is to promote economic development and aid in the international decision-making of Missouri businesses, while providing MU students, tomorrow’s business leaders, opportunities for experiential learning.
The International Trade Center was presented the President’s “E” Award for Export Service in May 2016. The award is the highest recognition a U.S. entity can receive for making a significant contribution to U.S. export expansion.