Companies interested in participating in Economic Gardening must meet certain minimum qualifications of second stage companies. Specifically, to be considered for the program, an enterprise must meet the following criteria at the time of selection:
- Be a for-profit, privately held company headquartered and operating in Missouri.
- Have between $750,000 and $50 million in annual revenue or working capital in place from investors or grants.
- Employ 5 to 99 full-time equivalent W-2 employees, including the owner.
- Maintained its principal place of business in Missouri for at least the previous 2 years.
- Potential growth in revenue next three years must exceed $1 million.
- Demonstrated growth in either revenue or employees in 3 of the last 5 years.
- Provide product(s) and/or services beyond current service area to regional and/or international markets.
- Must be referred by a Missouri Economic Gardening representative.
2. Requirements for entry
Companies can be considered for the program by submitting an application form. All applicants must submit an application form, which can be found at the website missouri.nationalcentereg.org. Only individuals over 18 years old and authorized to act on behalf of the nominee may submit an application form. All application information and biographical information contained in the application form must be accurate, and the associates reserve the right to verify all of the information in the application form. Due diligence (including but not limited to credit reports and literature searches) may be conducted to determine an applicant’s eligibility and to confirm the accuracy of the application. Application forms with unverifiable or incomplete information may be disqualified. The associates are not responsible for application forms that are not received due to any reason, including, but not limited to, problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone equipment, software, failure of email or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website or combination thereof.
Participants will be selected by a panel comprised of representatives of Missouri economic gardening, associates and others as deemed appropriate by the program administrators. Selection into the program will be based on the following criteria: growth in number of employees, impact of the business in the job market, increase in gross revenues, classification in targeted industries, innovativeness of the product or service, and other criteria deemed appropriate. The program administrators are allowed complete discretion in determining program participants.
4. Use of information
All information provided by the nominee in the application form shall remain confidential, except as follows:
- The information will be privately reviewed by the program administrators and partner affiliates to select the program participants.
- Some of the information on the application form may be used in aggregate for research, educational or other purposes.
- If the company is selected as a program participant, the program administrators may use the company name, contact information, number of employees and total annual revenues (in the aggregate) to promote the attributes of the company and the Program, including, but not limited to, the publication of a report profiling the program participants.
By submitting the application form, the company acknowledges and consents to all of the above-listed uses.
If, for any reason, the program is not capable of operating as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the program administrators, that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this program, the program administrators reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the program. IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATORS OR THE ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, EVEN IF THE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.